Frequently asked questions
Microblading Instructions & Healing Process
· No alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure.
· Try to avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
· Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
· Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, microdermabrasions, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure to prevent premature fading).
· Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injections.
· Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
· Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
· Avoid pools, sauna, ocean, steam rooms, showers and/or baths for 14 days. Do not shower or bathe for the first 5 days. Bathing for the next 5 is ideal for color retention.
· Do not put any ointment on your brows for the best results.
· Avoid sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results. Do not work out at all for the first 5 days sweating starts below the skin.
· Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days. Rubbing the scabs off early will cause pigment loss.
· No makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for 10 days.
· After 14 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
· Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 3 weeks after your procedure.
· Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels, Laser Treatments, Microdermabrasions, and/or anything to treat hyperpigmentation around the brow area once healed to prevent fading of your brow tattoo.
· They may get swollen and red.
· They will get darker for the first 4-7 days.
· They will be very itchy for the first week as the skin starts to heal.
· They will start to fade away after the scabs fall off, but they will come back up to the first layer of the skin after about three weeks.
· When they are flaking off it will appear as if the pigment is coming off with it. This is not the case.
· The scabs will come off in patches.
· There may be spots where no pigment is left after the first session. Which is why the touch up is so important.
· They will fade up to 40 percent.
· They will shrink up to 20-30 percent.
· They won't look finished until the touch up 4-6 weeks later.
· Trust the process! Nothing that is happening to your brows during the healing process is abnormal. Nothing!
· You may leave scared that your brows are too dark, or too big (that's a good sign that when the heal they will be perfect).
· Once the healing process is complete you will be surprised at how much they have shrunk and lightened.
· At the touch up if you want them bigger, darker, or any part of the shape changed that can happen.
· Pigment retention can vary based upon skin types.
· All permanent cosmetics will fade an ashy/cool color.
· If you have oily skin it's so important to follow these steps for good retention.
IS OUR LASER TEETH WHITENING SAFE?
Absolutely yes! Our products have been around for over 18 years. We offer the safest FDA approved plant and mineral based gel. The products do not damage teeth and provide enamel building qualities.
SHOULD I CONSIDER GETTING MY TEETH WHITENED?
For sure! Studies show that people with a white smile look younger, and that there is a correlation between high self-esteem and a bright, beautiful smile!
HOW WHITE WILL MY TEETH GET AND HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
This varies from person to person. It really depends on your lifestyle and the diet you consume. The average whitening is 5-14 shades whiter in one session. One session takes anywhere from 90 min to 2 hrs depending on composition of teeth. You'll leave with your teeth the whitest they can naturally go. Everyone has a natural stoppping point. The results will last a life time with proper maintenance and periodic touch ups at a discounted price.
PRE AND POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
You will have to wait 2 hours after your appointment to eat so we suggest eating before your appointment.
After your appointment you will only be able to eat neutral colored foods for 24 hours because your pores will be open. Stay away from dark foods and liquids, as well as whitening and colored toothpaste for 24 hours after. Staying hydrated before and after your appointment will help with sensitivity.
You may bring your own headphones, phone/tablet, or other forms of entertainment for your session.
How Can I Reschedule My Appointment?
If you need to reschedule your appointment at any time you can reschedule your appointment online at www.fleektartistry.com. From there head to the booking section and click on the log in button in the top right hand corner. Sign up or log in if you have already made an account with us. Once you are signed in click on your name or the person icon if you are on a mobile device to see your appointments. You can easily reschedule from there by clicking on the clock icon or reschedule button if you are on a mobile device.